- The awards
- About Us
- Contact Us
British Poultry Council launches British Poultry Awards
07/04/2017 - 14:34
The British Poultry Council is launching the British Poultry Awards, a newly expanded awards event, to replace the British Turkey Awards, which ran for over 20 years.
Written by Isabel Finch
The British Poultry Awards 2017, which will take place at the Sheraton Grand Park Lane hotel on Thursday, September 14, is inviting poultry and producers and farmers to take part in the event.
Richards Griffiths, chief executive of the British Poultry Council, said: “Our new awards will applaud what’s great about the poultry industry from high spec innovation to best practice.
“We’ve seen how the British Turkey Awards has helped raised the profile of turkey and taken it into the mainstream. By rolling out this winning concept to the whole of the poultry industry we are providing a unique platform for small and large producers of chicken, duck, goose, and of course turkey to gain recognition for their hard work.”
The winner of the Poultry Retailer of the Year category will be offered the chance to carry the endorsement on its entire range for one year. All winners will benefit from a dedicated logo to use on advertising and campaigns.
Judging for the award will take place in July with a panel of food journalists and representatives.
The Student Chef of the Year competition, sponsored by Aviagen Turkeys, will be a part of the awards, which will see catering students from colleges across the country competing to create the best turkey starter or main course to be served at the event.
Previous winners of the British Turkey Awards include Mitchells and Butlers, winner of Foodservice Operator of the Year 2016.
The entry form and criteria for the awards can be downloaded here.
The 13 categories are:
1. Best Ready-to-Eat Poultry Product
2. Best Fresh Seasonal Poultry Product - Summer eating
3. Best Fresh Seasonal Poultry Product - Christmas
4. Best Fresh Whole Turkey – Christmas
5. Best Fresh Speciality Poultry Product
6. Best Fresh Duck Product
7. Best Fresh Chicken Product
8. Best Fresh Turkey Product
9. Best Fresh Foodservice Poultry Product
10. British Poultry Student Chef of the Year* (sponsored by Aviagen)
11. Best Blogger Poultry Recipe
12. Poultry Foodservice Operator of the Year
13. Poultry Retailer of the Year