- The awards
- About Us
- Contact Us
Dunking Doughnuts with Chocolate Custard
This has been taken from Premier Foods Foodservice Solutions Guide.
For these doughnuts we use our McDougalls Soft Bap Mix, which is a versatile soft bread mix that works in a wide range of dishes from savoury through to sweet. We serve this with Ambrosia ready-to-use Custard simply blended with dark chocolate, which thickens
the custard to make the perfect sweet dip.
HINTS & TIPS
This dough can be used to make a classic doughnut or baked for Devonshire splits
You can also glaze these with icing or frosting
Why not try adding a hint of cinnamon or mixed spice to your coating sugar
McDougalls Soft Bap Mix
330g Warm Water
70g Caster sugar
Sunflower oil for coating the tray Caster sugar for rolling/coating 500g Bird’s Custard (ready to use) 100g Dark chocolate (melted).
1. Lightly oil a tray.
2. Place the McDougalls Soft Bap Mix and sugar in a mixing bowl fitted with a dough hook. Blend in the warm water and mix on a medium speed for 6 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into 30g pieces and mould/roll each piece into thick ‘sticks’, then place on the oiled tray roughly 2cm apart.
4. Leave to prove in a warm place (covered with a damp cloth) for 10 - 15 minutes or until the dough has risen and doubled in size.
5. Twist each piece of dough so it ‘knocks back’.
6. Deep fry at 180°C for approximately 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from the fryer onto kitchen tissue to drain off the excess oil, then roll in caster sugar and place to one side.
7. Combine the warm Ambrosia Custard with the melted chocolate and serve with the warm doughnuts (3 per portion).