- The awards
- About Us
- Contact Us
Homepride Sweet Chilli Prawn Skewers
This recipe is taken from Premier Foods Summer Sizzlers Guide.
Homepride Sweet Chilli Sauce works well as a marinade for fish and in this recipe we use black tiger prawns on skewers with red onion, pepper and courgette. These take very little time to prepare and work well as either a starter or a main course.
HINTS & TIPS
Use 12” kebab sticks for a main course.
Why not also try with pineapple on the skewers for a sweet twist.
20 x 8” Wooden skewers
1.2kg (x40) Raw black tiger prawns (peeled and de-veined)
200g Homepride Sweet Chilli Sauce (for the marinade) 250g Red pepper (3cm dice)
250g Red onion (3cm dice)
250g Courgette (3cm dice)
50g Spring onions (finely chopped)
500g Homepride Sweet Chilli Sauce
100g Rocket salad leaves
1. Marinade the prawns in the Homepride Sweet Chilli Sauce for at least two hours.
2. Soak your skewers in warm water for at least 20 minutes before you use them, this prevents them burning and splintering.
3. Prepare all other ingredients and then skewer each element, ensuring that all your kebabs are consistent with each other.
4. BBQ or griddle for 10-15 minutes, until the prawns are cooked through and each kebab has charred slightly.
5. Serve two kebabs to a portion, on a bed of rocket leaves, with a pot of Homepride Sweet Chilli Sauce.
6. Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve.